Is there any Waiting Period for claims under a health plan?
When you buy an insurance or Mediclaim policy for the first time for yourself or Mediclaim for senior citizens, there is a waiting period of 30 days, starting from the commencement date, after which you can file your first medical claim under the policy. During the initial 30 days, you will not be eligible to file any claims and receive any help from the company. However, once the 30 days are over, you will be able to file claims and get reimbursement.
Policies including Mediclaim for senior citizens that are pending for renewal do not have such waiting period options; the claims are processed as per normal requirements.
- Cashless Health Insurance- Why your claim could be denied?
- During the course of my treatment, can I change the hospitals?
- How can I buy a medical insurance policy from IFFCO Tokio?
- What is the key to a successful claim for health insurance plans for myself, in case of emergency or planned hospitalization?
- What are the advantages of sticking to one Insurance company for a long time?