Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
Aging is part & parcel of life. However, with age comes an increased risk of health complications. In fact, 47 percent of older Indians suffer from at least one chronic health condition such as asthma, angina, arthritis, depression, or diabetes. Fortunately, you can stay protected from the medical expenses of such illnesses with health insurance for senior citizens.
Senior citizen health insurance is an extremely important financial tool. It ensures that you can enjoy a worry-free life post your retirement. With a good plan by your side, you can sit back, relax, and make the most of your golden years, knowing you are covered from any uncertainties.
Moreover, our medical insurance for senior citizens provides you with comprehensive protection. Get coverage against hospital bills and all your medical expenses before and after hospitalization as well. We also have a large network of cashless hospitals where you can undergo treatment, without ever worrying about the bills. With senior citizen health insurance from IFFCO-Tokio, you can enjoy your golden years just the way you have always envisioned them!
Why Choose us?
When it comes to your health, only the best should suffice. We understand this, and that’s why our senior citizen health insurance plans go the extra mile to protect you. When you choose IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance Pvt. Ltd. you can enjoy the following benefits:
- 5000+ network hospitals where you can avail cashless claims.
- Get cover without any medical test up till age 60.
- Coverage against 160+ daycare procedure such as cataract, etc.
- Comprehensive protection with Sum Insured up to Rs. 20 lakhs
- Lifetime renewal provided renewals are made on time.
- Get cover for vaccinations and health check-ups as well.
What’s Covered Under Senior Citizen Health Insurance?
You deserve all-round protection, nothing less. That’s why our health insurance plans for senior citizens offer coverage from numerous medical expenses. This ensures that you have complete peace of mind from the rising cost of healthcare in India. But more importantly, it ensures you have a worry-free life post-retirement!
- Hospitalization expenses including cost of medicine, doctor fees, nursing, etc.
- Daycare medical expenses
- AYUSH treatments.
- Ambulance charges.
- Pre- and post-hospitalization charges.
- Pre-existing diseases subject to certain terms and conditions.
- Room Rent Expenses including hospital registration, service charges, etc.
Exclusions of Senior Citizen Health Insurance:
The coverage of health insurance plans offers a significant amount of protection from medical exigencies. However, there are certain conditions & expenses that are not covered by a medical insurance policy, these include:
- Certain pre-existing diseases or medical conditions
- Diseases contacted within 30 days of taking a policy.
- AIDS or similar conditions.
- Any non-allopathic treatment.
- Any harm or injury caused by self.
- Drug abuse.
- Cost of spectacles/lenses and dental treatment.
- Cosmetic surgery.
Why is Medical Insurance for Senior Citizens Important?
Those who have crossed 60 years in age are at a higher probability of health disorders. Taking into account the escalating health care costs, getting health insurance is no less than a necessity for seniors.
Moreover, India is expected to have a population of 300 million elderly people by 2050. Thus, there is a need for a pragmatic shift in the way our elders are insured. Health insurance for senior citizens is a major step in that direction, keeping them financially well-covered in case of medical exigencies.
1. Financial independence.
In case of a medical emergency, you would want to cover costs on your own, not depend on your loved ones to cover your bills. Health insurance for senior citizens helps you do this. It will cover your medical bills, ensuring you do not have to rely on anyone else.
2. Preserve your savings.
You need to save for years to ensure a comfortable retirement. However, illness could come along and wipe out what you have accumulated over the decades in a few months, especially if it is a life-threatening condition. To ensure this doesn’t happen to you, all one has to do is invest in health insurance for senior citizens.
3. It makes up for a lack of income.
If covering medical bills with an income is difficult, imagine what it could be without one. Well, it’s something you won’t have to worry about with medical insurance for senior citizens by your side. The policy will kick-in during a medical emergency and minimize you out of pocket expenses.
4. All your plans stay on track.
We all have a plan for our retirement. It could be going on a world-tour or starting that small business you’ve always dreamed of. Health insurance for senior citizens keeps all these plans on track. It ensures that if a medical condition does come knocking, you are completely covered!
How to Buy Health Insurance for Seniors?
1. Visit our branch: Now that you are free from your 9 to 5 schedule, you could drop by one of our branches to buy medical insurance for senior citizens. We will be glad to hand-hold you through the entire process and ensure you leave having the cover you want.
2. Visit our website: We believe life in your golden years should comfortable and laidback. However, braving the elements, dealing with traffic, and handling the honking to visit our branch is not comfortable or laidback at all. But your home is! That’s why we allow you to purchase health insurance for senior citizens online
Why Buy Health Insurance for Senior Citizens Online?
While the new generation does everything online, we understand that you see immense value in a face-to-face transaction. And our doors are always open - we would love to sit down with you and help you purchase a suitable health insurance policy. However, we must admit that buying a plan online has many benefits over the offline process.
1. Easier: The entire process is extremely easy. All you have to do is visit our website and fill in some basic details. Based on your details will provide you with instant quotations. You can modify these quotations by increasing/decreasing the sum insured, adding the add-ons you want, etc. When you are satisfied with the cover, just make the payment and you are done!
2. Convenience: After adhering to your office timings for so many years, why should you have to adhere to our office timings, that too even after you’ve retired. Now you can buy health insurance for senior citizens from anywhere you want and at a time that’s convenient for you!
3. Quick: There’s a lot to do in your golden years – whether it’s maintaining your garden, solving the daily crossword, or slurping on a cup of chai – all very important things! We understand - that’s why our online process won’t take much of your time. You can log on to our website, fill in your details, and get the policy document in your email, all within a matter of minutes! And if you need assistance at any one of these steps, we are just a phone call away!.
1. Who can buy medical insurance for senior citizens?
Any senior citizens between the age of 60 and 75 years may purchase these plans. Alternatively, you can also purchase for your elderly parents if they fall into the aforementioned age group.
2. Can I include my parents in my health insurance plan?
It is better to buy health insurance for parents. Some individuals add their parents to their own family plans. However, since they are more prone to illness, there is a high chance that they might end-up using the sum assured for their medical needs. This might leave the rest of your family members underinsured.
Not only that, but the premium of a family health insurance plan will also depend heavily on the ages of the insured. Therefore, including your elderly parents in the family health insurance plan could also cause your premiums to rise significantly. The alternative? Health insurance for parents!
Not only will these plans provide your parents with their own individual cover, but it will also give you access to valuable tax benefits. If you purchase health insurance for parents who are above 60 years of age, you can avail of a deduction of up to Rs. 50,000 against your taxable income. This can help you save a lot of money!
3. Does medical insurance for senior citizens cover pre-existing conditions?
Yes, we do cover pre-existing illnesses under our health insurance for senior citizens. However, the coverage is subject to certain terms and conditions.
4. Does medical insurance for senior citizens cost more?
Health insurance for senior citizens can cost more than basic plans. This is because health insurance premiums steadily increase with age due to the risk of illness & health complications.
5. Is there any claim limit on medical insurance for senior citizens?
No, there no limit on the number of claims you can make against medical insurance for senior citizens. However, one needs to ensure that claims do not surpass the sum insured of the policy.
6. What is the eligibility criterion for a senior citizen's Health Insurance Plan?
Any individual between the age of 60 and 75 years of age can purchase our medical insurance for senior citizens.