HEALTH PROTECTOR PLUS POLICY FAQs
Free look period offered with Health Protector Plus Policy
Policy has a free look period which is applicable at the inception of the policy and the insured is allowed a period of at least 15 days from the date of receipt of the Policy to review the terms and conditions of the Policy and to return the same if not acceptable. Plus, the free look period is applicable only in the case of fresh policies.
All services offered under the emergency assistance services?
The services offered under the emergency assistance services are as follows:-
- Medical consultation, evaluation and referral.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Medical repatriation.
- Transportation to join patient.
- Care and/or transportation of minor children.
- Emergency message transmission.
- Return of mortal remains.
- Emergency cash coordination.
Pre & Post-hospitalization cover offered under the policy
Pre-hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses are covered for 60(Sixty) and 90(Ninety) days respectively as defined under the Policy. The expenses will be reimbursed along with the hospitalization expenses subject to the overall Sum Insured limit.
Registration of a claim under health insurance policy
Notification of claim should be done as soon as possible, but not later than 7(Seven) days from the date of Hospitalization. This notification of claim is mandatory, even for claims falling within the deductible.
What are the documents required to file a claim?
In order to register a claim with IFFCO TOKIO, you must furnish all original bills, receipts, certificates, information and evidences of all the expenditures related to attending Medical Practitioner/Hospital/Chemist/Laboratory in the manner and form as required by us.
Is organ donation covered in the policy?
The policy covers hospitalization expenses of the person donating an organ during the course of organ transplant will also be payable subject to the limit of overall Sum Insured. However, for the donor, no payment will be made towards pre and post hospitalization expenses.
Tenure of pre-existing coverage under health protector plus
Any pre-existing health condition will be covered after period of 48 (Forty eight) months of continuous coverage, since inception of the first Policy and without any break in the insurance coverage.
- What is the free look in period offered with Health Protector Plus Policy?
- All services offered under the emergency assistance services?
- What is the pre & post-hospitalization cover offered under this policy?
- What is the time period for registration of a claim under this policy?
- What are the documents required to file a claim?