Health Insurance Policy Exclusions You Should Know About
Emergency health issues can arise anytime. A health cover is what keeps you safe. Do you own an insurance cover to protect your health? If not, then read the article below to know what about the insurance cover.
In India, the colossal medical costs usually take a toll on a person’s hard-earned income, thus depleting their savings. Many people are of the view that health insurance wouldn’t help and avoid buying it as it is a waste of money. Do you also have the same opinion?
Let’s understand the importance of health insurance with an example:
- You’re a working professional with no health issues.
- Your age is 25 years.
- You have dependent parents with a health cover.
As you’re travelling to work, you meet with an accident. You are being hospitalized, but you do not have a health cover to claim for expenses and hospitalization costs. Hence, you have no option but to utilize your savings to fund your expenses. In contrary, if you had a health insurance cover, you would have got financial relief plus your savings wouldn’t get depleted. Thus, it is crucial to buy health insurance to stay armed against unexpected medical costs.
Health insurance is a contractual agreement between you and the insurance company to offer financial protection in case of surgical and medical expenses incurred in case you get hospitalized during the policy term.
What does health insurance cover?
- Pre & Post-hospitalization expenses.
- Covers room rent.
- Cumulative bonus.
- Tax benefits under Section 80D.
- Ambulance charges.
- Daycare surgeries.
- Newborn babies covered.
- Lifelong Renewal guarantee.
- Cashless & Reimbursement claim processes
- Alternative treatments like Ayurveda, Homeopathy and More.
As much we pay attention to the inclusions while buying an insurance policy;similarly,you must be aware of the exclusions too.
What are the exclusions under the policy?
- The policy excludes injuries and symptoms that arisedue to terrorism, nuclear war, attempt to suicide, radiation, etc.
- The insurance cover does not include dental treatment charges, , cosmetic enhancements, plastic surgeries, sex-change surgeries and hormone replacement therapy.
- Minor medical costs related to the common cold, body ache and procedure to diagnose the same.
It is impossible to control the spiking medical costs in India, and upon that,health issues are becoming rampant. Only a health cover will help you deal with the situation without any hassles and worry. You can easily claim during an emergency and rest assured that your costs are covered.