Is there any waiting period for claims under a Family health plan?
When you buy a family medical insurance policy for the first time, there is a waiting period of 30 days before you can file a claim under the policy coverage, starting from the coverage commencement date. During this period, no claim will be accepted by the company. But this waiting period of 30 days is waived off in case the hospitalization is due to an accident. Policies that are pending for renewal do not have any such waiting period applicable.
- I am a homemaker and I spend a majority of my time at home. Do I also need an individual personal accident policy?
- Why does a customer sometimes get “Transaction failed, please initiate new transaction” despite making a payment online?
- What is the period of General Insurance policies?
- Is it mandatory in India to have auto insurance?
- If I buy my commercial vehicle in a particular city and then I move to another city, which premium rate will be applied?