What does motor insurance policy cover?
Own Damage to your vehicle - The policy covers you against any loss or damage caused to your car or it's accessories due to natural and man made calamities as defined in the scope of coverage
(i) Personal Accident Cover - The motor insurance provides you compulsory personal accident cover for individual owners of the vehicle, the personal accident cover is up to Rs. 2 lacs.
You can also opt for a personal accident cover for passengers. Rs.2 Lac is the maximum coverage that can be offered.
Third Party legal liability - The policy covers the vehicle owner's legal liability to pay compensation for:
Death or bodily injury to a third party person.
Damage to third party property.
Liability is covered for an unlimited amount in respect of death or injury and damage to third party property for Rs.7.5 lacs under Commercial vehicle and private and Rs. 1 lacs for Scooters / Motor Cycles.
- How can I increase my sum assured in health insurance?
- What if someone else is driving my vehicle and an accident takes place?
- Who will receive the claim amount under health insurance if the policyholder dies during the time of treatment?
- What if I have fractured my leg during rock climbing on my vacation and can’t travel economy class?
- What does Standard Fire & Special Perils Insurance offer?