When exactly do I need commercial auto insurance?
If you want to use your vehicle for business purposes, you need to register it as a commercial vehicle. Every commercial vehicle must have commercial auto vehicle insurance along with a commercial license plate or tag.
Commercial vehicles with commercial vehicle insurance are usually used to carry out the following functions:
- To transport machinery and other heavy equipment’s
- To carry inflammable or intoxicating material.
- To carry housekeeping instruments for your business.
- To move cranes from one place to another.
- To deliver wholesale or retail supplies.
- To deliver newspapers.
- Using the vehicle as a cab or rickshaw service.
- To carry out various extra activities for a said business corporation.
- Using the vehicle to run miscellaneous errands on behalf of a business.