What are the details that are required to be submitted while registering a claim?
The following details are required to be submitted while registering a claim:
- Policy number.
- Vehicle Registration Number.
- Caller details / relation with insured.
- Date / Time & Place of the incident/ accident.
- Detail description of the incident/ accident.
- Type of loss whether Own damage/Theft/third-party.
- Type of physical injury or damage.
- Whether the incident has been reported to police. If yes, the FIR no.
- Name of the driver(This should be as per the name mentioned in driving license).
- Current location of the vehicle.
- Garage preference where the insured would like to get it repaired
Once the above information is provided, the call centre of the insurance company will provide the insured with a unique number known as claim no. The claim no will be used for all future correspondence.
- What is the amount for which I need to insure my commercial vehicle? How is IDV connected to the amount needed to insure vehicle?
- What kind of risks is covered by IFFCO Tokio third party policy?
- Consequences if I forget to renew my commercial auto insurance on time
- Can I renew my commercial vehicle insurance with IFFCO Tokio?
- What is a No Claim Bonus?