If an insured lodges a claim after the vehicle insurance expires for an accident that occurred during the policy term, will the company reject the claim as invalid?
No, the claim will be valid. However, the insured must report the incident within seven days of occurrence of the event. An FIR should be lodged along with all required documents which will work as an evidence of the date of occurrence of the event. Upon failure to adhere to the above steps, the claim will be deemed invalid.
- What is the amount for which I need to insure my commercial vehicle? How is IDV connected to the amount needed to insure vehicle?
- What kind of risks is covered by IFFCO Tokio third party policy?
- Consequences if I forget to renew my commercial auto insurance on time
- Can I renew my commercial vehicle insurance with IFFCO Tokio?
- What is a No Claim Bonus?