Is it possible to continue the insurance in the name of the earlier owner even if the vehicle has been transferred to my name, and the same reflects in RTO records?
This is not possible because registration and insurance of the vehicle must be both in the same name and address. Once the vehicle has been transferred to the new entity, a fresh proposal form must be filled in. There is a nominal fee charged when a policy changes hands from one party to another.
- What is the amount for which I need to insure my commercial vehicle? How is IDV connected to the amount needed to insure vehicle?
- What kind of risks is covered by IFFCO Tokio third party policy?
- Consequences if I forget to renew my commercial auto insurance on time
- Can I renew my commercial vehicle insurance with IFFCO Tokio?
- What is a No Claim Bonus?