Will the insured policyholder’s own injuries get covered in third party insurance?
Third party insurance does not cover the insured policyholder’s own injuries. However, it is mandatory for all motorists to have a valid personal accident cover of at least Rs 15 lakhs before riding their bikes or driving their vehicles on Indian roads. The personal accident insurance cover will compensate the policyholder for any injuries they may sustain in an accident. It also pays out a death benefit to their nominee.
- What does third party insurance cover?
- Can third party insurance be bought online?
- Can add-ons be included in third party insurance?
- What documents are needed for filing a claim on a third party insurance policy?
- What is mean by first-party, second-party, and third party in third party motor insurance?