PrintEmail this Page
Benefits of IFFCO Tokio’s On Road Assistance Cover
Vehicle On-Road Assistance coverage is an additional benefit that offers a number of emergency services that you might require in case your vehicle is immobilized. Here are some features of the On Road Assistance Coverage offered by IFFCO Tokio:
- Towing your vehicle to the nearest authorized garage.
- Assistance on road or at home in case of issues like lost keys, flat tire, low battery, etc.
- Option to call for up to 5 litres of fuel to where you are.
- In case you are faced with an emergency, a taxi service can also be provided.
- Services for hotel coordination or medical assistance, as required.
The Need for 24 X 7 Road Assistance Covers
Driving is a task that has its own set of risks. Sometimes, cars break down even if you take good care of them. In such situations, having proper road assistance coverage can be very useful for you. Road assistance is an additional coverage that is offered to policy holder’s drivers and can be used in case their vehicle breaks down or is otherwise immobilized. This option is offered with almost all car insurance policies. For this cover, your car insurance IFFCO Tokio provider partners with existing businesses that offer road assistance services, and arranges these services to the insured individuals when the situation arises.The service providers are intimated of emergencies and sent to the people in need, depending on the location they broke down at, the vehicle they own, and the circumstances they face. In general terms, you can avail extrication, lockout services, fuel delivery, flat tire services, battery services, towing, etc. under the road assistance benefit.
Iffco Tokio offers this cover without any additional cost for all car insurance policy purchased online.
Towing: If owing to an accident, your vehicle has been immobilized, IFFCO Tokio, under the on road assistance cover, will arrange for the recovery of your vehicle and also ensure that it is towed safely to the nearest authorized workshop or dealer. This benefit covers a distance of up to 100 km from the nearest IFFCO Tokio branch city centre.
On road assistance services at home or on road: If your vehicle is immobilized due to pilot’s error or some electrical breakdown, regardless of whether it is at the insured’s home, office, or on road, and if in the opinion of IFFCO Tokio, the car may be repaired where it is, the company shall proceed and repair the covered vehicle. An automobile technician will be sent to the site of the incident and the covered vehicle will be repaired. The scope of services under this road assistance benefit includes:
- Jump starting a flat battery
- Pick-up and delivery of spare keys in case you lock your keys in
- Replacing flat tires
- Other minor mechanical or electrical repairs that might be required on road
Essential fuel delivery: If your vehicle is immobilized because it ran out of fuel, IFFCO Tokio shall arrange for the delivery of up to 5 litres of fuel to where you are. However, you need to remember that this benefit may only be availed twice during the coverage period of the policy.
Arrangement of taxi services: In case the covered vehicle has been immobilized and wherein IFFCO Tokio is to arrange for the towing of the vehicle, the company will also, based on the details of the case and the request of the customer, arrange for taxi services for the person(s) travelling in the covered vehicle. This may cover transportation for up to 50 km from the location where the vehicle was immobilized. This road assistance benefit is subject to the following:
- The taxi will be provided for one destination only.
- Only the people who were travelling in the covered vehicle, up to the maximum passengers’ limit, as is defined in the registration copy of the vehicle,will be provided the taxi service.
- Any travel that goes beyond 50 km from the incident site will not be covered and if any arrangement is to be made for the continuation of travel beyond 50 km, will have to be made between the customer and the service provider.
- The taxi benefit that will be arranged by IFFCO Tokio shall be provided through the IFFCO Tokio network and through their selected service providers, but will be the sole responsibility of IFFCO Tokio.
- In the unlikely event when IFFCO Tokio is unable to arrange for taxi services through its network and tie-ups, the company may request the customer to arrange for a taxi on their own. They can then submit the bill for the pre-communicated amount for reimbursement.The reimbursement will be at par or in line with the market taxi rates.
Hotel coordination services: If the vehicle has been immobilized at a location which is too far from the insured’s residence, and they want to avail hotel coordination benefits, IFFCO Tokio will provide the customer with the nearest network hotel details, where the insured can stay at their own expenses.
Medical coordination services: In case of vehicle immobilisation, when the customer needs medical co-ordination services, they can avail the same from IFFCO Tokio. The company will help the customer coordinate for medical assistance or information. Any costs that are incurred for the treatment or consultation with the doctor will have to be borne by the insured.
Urgent message relay: If due to some unforeseen circumstances, the insured’s car has been immobilized and they are unable to connect to their family members, on the request of the customer, IFFCO Tokio will arrange a conference call for them in the number that they share with our technician.
The On Road Assistance cover is an additional benefit that is offered to customers who buy the comprehensive car insurance policy online. All the applicable terms and conditions will be at the discretion of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd.
FAQs for On Road Assistance Cover
1. What is On Road Assistance?
On Road Assistance is a service that is offered by IFFCO Tokio that provides the insured with everything from battery jump starts to towing services. When you opt for the Road Assistance cover, you are covered anywhere in country in case of an emergency arises and your vehicle is immobilized.
2. What all services are covered under this On Road Assistance cover?
The on road assistance cover offers several services and benefits to the insured in case of breakdowns and vehicle immobilization. Some of the most common coverage offered under this benefit includes:
- Towing services
- On road assistance for battery, flat tire, refuelling, etc.
- On the spot repair for minor damages
- Fuel delivery
- Arranging taxi services
- Medical or hotel coordination
- Lost/Locked-in key services
- Relaying urgent message
3. How will IFFCO Tokio manage to deliver timely assistance in case I breakdown away from my home city?
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd. Has a number of partnerships and tie-ups with a number of garages and break down service providers all over the country, who can provide the required on road assistance services to the customers, no matter where they are. As soon as you put in a request for on road assistance, IFFCO Tokio will contact the garage that is nearest to you and intimate them of the emergency. The garage that has been contacted will provide you services based on your vehicle, where you are, and on other circumstances.
4. Do I have to pay for the services I avail under the road assistance cover?
This depends on the services that you opt for. While a number of services, like towing your car up to a particular distance, arranging for taxi services up to 50 km from the incident site, etc. are free of charge, there will be some things that you might be required to pay for. For example, if you call for emergency fuel delivery services, the delivery will not be chargeable, but you will have to bear the price of the fuel so delivered and if you opt for hotel coordination services, the assistance will be free, but you will have to bear the charges for the hotel itself.
5. Does the On Road Assistance cover have exclusions?
Yes. The road assistance cover is an additional benefit offered with comprehensive car insurance online, so the basic exclusions that are there under the comprehensive car insurance cover will also hold good under this add-on cover as well. However, to get a clear picture of what these exclusions are, you should read the policy document thoroughly or get in touch with the customer support team at IFFCO Tokio in case you have any doubts or queries.
6. Is it worth investing in on road assistance if I have a very old car?
It becomes even more important to opt for coverage under the on road assistance cover if your car is old. As a car ages, the chances of it breaking down or suffering from other electrical or mechanical fails also increases. You never know where you might be when such an emergency arises. You should make sure that your car is covered with an on road assistance cover, regardless of the age of your car.
**To understand exactly about the policy coverage, exclusions etc, please read the Policy Wording carefully.**