What should an insured do if his vehicle is stolen and he loses his original policy too?
The insured must report the matter to the insurance company, the police, and the RTO where the vehicle was registered. The RTO must formally acknowledge the letter sent by you informing them about the theft.
The insured must also call the insurance company to get a duplicate copy of the policy and to start the process of filing the claim. The insured will need to fill in a claim form and submit the police FIR to the insurer. An investigator will be appointed to trace the lost vehicle. Depending on the outcome of the investigations, the insurer will offer the insured a claim settlement. A few additional documents may be required during the claim settlement process.
- What is the amount for which I need to insure my commercial vehicle? How is IDV connected to the amount needed to insure vehicle?
- What kind of risks is covered by IFFCO Tokio third party policy?
- Consequences if I forget to renew my commercial auto insurance on time
- Can I renew my commercial vehicle insurance with IFFCO Tokio?
- What is a No Claim Bonus?