What is the meaning of “Deductible”?
Deductible or excess an insured will pay in an insurance claim before the insurance cover starts paying the insured. This is the out of the pocket expense of a policyholder. Under Motor Insurance policy, there is a normal standard/compulsory excess for most vehicles ranging from Rs 50 for two-wheelers to Rs 500 for Private Cars and Commercial Vehicles which increases depending upon the cubic capacity/carrying capacity of the vehicle.
The cubic capacity/carrying capacity of the vehicle increase this cost other than factors like the age of the vehicle or if there is a high frequency of claims made by the insured.
- Why you should buy Business Insurance?
- What is the process for determining liability in a commercial auto accident?
- What is Cashless Facility in Health Insurance?
- Is there any cover for existing damage?
- I have a small family and we all are young and healthy individuals. We lead a very healthy lifestyle and have never been to a doctor. Do I still need a family health insurance plan?