What is loading? What is the charge for loading?
Loading is an additional premium to be paid at the time of renewal of policy when the company feels that the insured is prone to risks. The additional premium helps the insurer cover losses which may be higher than what is anticipated.
In general, a vehicle which is more than 4 year old will be subject to 5% loading, and vehicle with age 7 and above will be loaded with additional 10%. Vehicles that are aged more than 10 years are subject to maximum 15% by some well-known insurers.
The loading charge is due to the anticipation that older vehicles are more prone to risks of accidents, damages, and other wear and tear.
- What is the amount for which I need to insure my commercial vehicle? How is IDV connected to the amount needed to insure vehicle?
- What kind of risks is covered by IFFCO Tokio third party policy?
- Consequences if I forget to renew my commercial auto insurance on time
- Can I renew my commercial vehicle insurance with IFFCO Tokio?
- What is a No Claim Bonus?