My address has changed. How do I get my new address updated in the policy documents?

The policyholder must inform the insurance company if there are any changes in the personal details provided in the policy. They can do this by submitting a letter to the insurer along with proof of the details changed. After verifying the proof, the insurance company will do the needful to carry out the changes. In some cases, they may also ask you to pay an additional premium to update your policy.

If there are any changes in the information provided in the policy like change of address or changes to the vehicle or its use, a formal endorsement needs to be made. For this, the insured must submit a letter with proof of the changes. Some endorsements may require the insurer to pay an additional premium. So make sure to check these endorsements mentioned in your commercial vehicle insurance policy before making any commitments.