What is Critical Illness?
Unlike common ailments that make you sick for a short while, critical illnesses have the potential to leave a debilitating effect on your life. These diseases not only affect your ability to work but can also be fatal to your life.
“Critical Illness” means an illness, sickness or a disease or a corrective measure like-
- Kidney failure
- Coronary Artery (Bypass) Surgery
- Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Major Organ Transplantation
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Aorta graft surgery
- Total Blindness
- What is Critical Illness and Who Needs It?
- Why to buy Critical Illness Insurance Policy?
- What are the Things to Keep in Mind While Buying Critical Illness Insurance Policy?
- Do all insurance providers in India cover the same critical illnesses?
- Are medical tests important to get critical illness cover?