Can my claim be rejected?
Any claim can be rejected by an insurance company in certain conditions. Some common reasons for which a claim may be rejected are:
- The policy has expired, or policy has been cancelled or the premium cheque has been dishonored making the policy invalid.
- It could also be that the date of accident or loss falls outside the policy period or
- The person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident did not possess a valid driving license or was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- There are also situations where the ownership of the vehicle has changed but the Insurance Company has not been informed within 14 days of such change or the claim was for damages that existed before the policy started.
- Some other reasons could be that the nature of damages does not co-relate with the cause of accident or that the vehicle was being used for other than personal or social purposes.