What does the policy cover?
- Policies issued shall cover all sums which the Insured becomes legally liable to pay as damages to third party on respect of accidental death/bodily injury/disease and loss of or damage to property.
- It covers sums arising out of claims first made in writing against the Insured during the policy period including legal costs and expenses incurred with prior consent of Insurers, subject always to the limits of indemnity and other terms, conditions and exceptions of the policy.
- It shall not be permissible to issue any Public Liability Insurance Policy with unlimited liability. The ratio of limit of indemnity any one accident to any one year shall not exceed 1:4. The maximum LOI we can offer is INR 35 Crore.
- For losses sustained exceeding agreed number of years in the past (retroactive period), coverage in those past years would only exist if we had been your insurers, without break in cover.
- For injury damage, which does not immediately show up, from the date of discovery of loss the retroactive period starts.
- Please inform us immediately about loss so that we may try to proceed for out of court settlement.