How to become an Insurance Agent:
- Citizens of India.
- Age should be 18 yrs.
- Minimum Qualification:
- I Rural: - 10th Pass (Rural proof is required. It is a certificate issued by BDO or Sarpanch stating that the person is a resident of a particular village which has a population below 5000 ).
- II Urban: - 12th pass.
- PAN No.
- No relative of his/her, at the time of entering into the Agreement, is employed with the Company in any capacity whatsoever. (“Relative” shall include spouse, dependent children or dependent stepchildren whether residing with the employee or not )
- A person should not have an agency license from any General Insurance Co.( Life Insurance agents needs to follow the composite process).
Documents Required :
- Agent Application form.
- Sponsorship Form.
- Date of Birth proof.
- Qualification proof.
- PAN card.
- Three stamp size photographs.
- Address proof.
- Mobile No.
- Email address.
- Photo and signature in jpg format(File size should be less than 50Kb for photo and 10KB for signature).
IRDA Training :
An applicant applying for a license to act as an insurance agent will have to complete training from an IRDA-approved institution with at least 50 hours of practical training in general insurance business, which may be spread over a week. For the renewal of his license, the agent will have to undergo training for just 25 hours. The training cost would be Bourne by IFFCO TOKIO.
IRDA Examination :
After successful completion of IRDA training, the Candidate will have to pass the Agency examination. The fee for the examination is ` 350.00 to be paid by the agent. DD will be in the name of Examining Authority i.e. NSE.IT. The examination center will hand over the mark sheet to the candidate after examination.
Following documents of passed candidate is required for Licensing
- Form VA.
- Agency Agreement.
- Copy of Mark sheet(Given at examination center).
- License Fee(Cheque of ` 250.00 from the candidate in the name of IFFCO TOKIO Gen. Ins. Co. Ltd.).