Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna
All Indian citizens traveling overseas are required by law to get Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna. Here are some key features which will make you choose IFFCO Tokio as your insurance provider:
- Personal Accidental Coverage of ₹10,00,000
- Covers Transportation expense of mortal remains of the deceased back to India.
- Hospitalization expenses up to ₹1,00,000 is covered
- Litigation Expense up to ₹45,000 related to employment is covered
- Transportation fare back to India is covered in case the insured loses their job.
- Premium can be as low as ₹275 plus tax for two year period.
Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojnais a compulsory Insurance scheme developed by the Government of India in order to safeguard the interests of Indian Emigrant Workers falling under the ECR (Emergency Check Required) category going to ECR countries for employment.
Being a responsible insurance services provider, IFFCO Tokio is extending this hugely beneficial scheme for its customers. Now you can enjoy all the benefits that this insurance scheme has to offer by subscribing to Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna online through our website.
Which countries fall under ECR Category?
You are eligible for coverage under Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna if you are going to work in any of the following countries and yourself fall into the ECR category: -
- South Sudan
- Saudi Arabia
Features of IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna
You would be happy to know that Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna from IFFCO Tokio offers you a comprehensive coverage against most of the unforeseen contingencies that you may face in the foreign countries. Let us have a look at the key features of the policy, which will be explained in detail later on.
- Coverage up to ₹10 Lakhs in case of accidental death or permanent disability due to an accident in the foreign country.
- Reimbursement of transportation expenses for repatriation of mortal remains of the insured person along with return airfare for one attendant.
- Hospitalisation expenses up to ₹1 Lakh are covered under the policy. The maximum permissible limit is ₹50,000/- for a single instance of hospitalisation.
- In case of premature termination of employment, you will be entitled to one-way economy class fare to any Indian international airport.
- Litigation expenses upto ₹50,000/- are covered for any legal action related directly to the employment.
- Women emigrants are eligible for ₹50,000/- max., maternity expenses benefits.
At times when work takes you outside India, you might be exposed to certain risks or danger. Thus, the Ministry of External Affairs has made it mandatory for all individuals going overseas for employment to purchase Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna policy.
Coverage of IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna
- Section 1: Personal Accident
Under this section, you are insured up to a compensation of ₹10 Lakhs, against accidental death or permanent disability due to such accident, which results in loss of employment with 12 months of sustaining such injury.
- Section 2: Transportation and Airfare for Attendant
Under this section, expenses incurred on transporting mortal remains of the insured person from the place of death to back to India are reimbursed. One attendant is allowed to accompany the mortal remains,and the airfare incurred by the attendant is reimbursed. It must be noted that claim for expenses must be filed within 90 days of the body reaching India.
- Section 3: Hospitalisation Expenses
Under this section, three categories of hospitalisation expenses are admissible: -
- Expenses incurred to your hospitalisation up to ₹1 Lakh, which is capped at ₹50,000 per instance of hospitalisation.
- Family Hospitalization cover in India for spouse (up to 60 years of age) and two children (up to 21 years of age) till a maximum amount of ₹50,000/-, in case of death or permanent disability of insured person
- Maternity expenses up to ₹35,000/- in case of standard delivery or ₹50,000/- in case of a caesarean operation for female emigrants.
It must be noted that the hospitalisation expenses will be reimbursed only if the treatment is received as an in-patient in a recognized hospital or nursing home. The hospitalisation must be a result of an accident or injury or sickness.
You are eligible to receive the treatment in India, country of your employment or any third country but your family members shall be eligible to receive the treatment in India only. The facility of coverage for the family members is available only if the conditions in Section 1 are fulfilled. Following are the hospitalisation expenses which are covered under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna: -
- Room rent, boarding, and nursing expenses incurred in hospital, including registration and service charges.
- Surgeon, Consultant, Anaesthetist, Specialist and Medical Practitioner fees.
- Cost of Anaesthesia, Oxygen, Operation Theater, Blood, Medicines, and Diagnostic Expenses etc.
- Section 4: Employment Contingencies and Repatriation Expenses
Under this section, you are entitled to reimbursement of one-way Economy Class airfare for your return to India, in the following instances: -
- When on your arrival in the new country, your employer or his representative did not receive you.
- When on your arrival in the new country, you find out that the employment agreement has been changed substantially to your disadvantage without any intimation to you.
- When your employment is terminated without any fault of yours during the period of employment.
- Section 5: Legal Expenses
Under this section, you are entitled to reimbursement for litigation expenses incurred by you for initiation or facing a legal action resulting from your employment. It must be noted that the said legal expenses must be as per the permission of the Indian Embassy and need to be certified by them officially.
Benefits of Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna
Although the Pravasi Bima Yojna has been made compulsory by the Indian Government, you must subscribe to the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna from IFFCO Tokio, for a wide range of benefits being offered, such as: -
- It is a unique policy which has been specifically tailored to meet requirements of Indian Emigrant workers, working in other countries. This Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna will offer you significant peace of mind as if anything untoward was to happen to you; your family members are well taken care of.
- You need not purchase any separate medical policy as most of your hospitalisation expenses or your family members hospitalisation expenses are covered under the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy.
- You can claim the reimbursement of expenses under the policy benefits from wherever you want,i.e. from India or from your country of employment.
- The very low premium amount is easy to manage for you. It would save you a lot of hassle if any untoward situation was to happen with you. You only need to pay Rs. 275 for coverage for two years and ₹375 for coverage for three years. Taxes are additional.
- The Pravasi Bima Yojna from IFFCO Tokio offers you financial compensation to lessen your financial burden and allows you to save more money to be sent back home.
- You can purchase IFFCO Tokio’s Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna online through our website. You need not run from pillar to post to get yourself insured.
- When you are in a foreign country, you do not have anyone to ask for help in times of need. IFFCO Tokio is standing firmly with you and your family at such times. Our representatives will help you out as and when required.
Points to Remember
Following are the crucial points that you must remember regarding your IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna policy. You should ensure reasonable effort from your side to comply with these instructions. Any oversight on your part can render the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy ineffective: -
- All expenses that have been incurred under Section 4 (Employment Contingencies and Repatriation Expenses) and Section 5 (Legal Expenses) must be certified Indian Embassy/Mission or Post in the country of your employment where the said expenses were incurred.
- Unless explicitly specified all the benefits and reimbursements payable under claims filed as per the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy shall be subject to the sum insured and limits specified under individual sections
- All documents including bills, tickets, receipts, medical reports, vouchers etc. must be filed in original with the claim form.
- The bodily injury that resulted in death/injury/sickness/permanent disability/Maternity expenses resulting into hospitalisation must have occurred during the period when the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy was in effect and in the country where you were employed.
- Irrespective of the fact where the claim was filed, all claims will be settled in Indian Currency only.
How to buy the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy
We understand that when you need to go to another country for employment, there are so many tasks that need to be accomplished to ensure a smooth experience in the new country. So in order to make it easier, we have made the whole process of the purchase of the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna online very convenient for you. We offer you the option of buying this policy online. We offer multiple online channels from where you can buy our Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna policy from the comfort of your home. Following is the detailed procedure that you need to follow in order to purchase the insurance cover online.
- Company Website – You can subscribe to our Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna online policy through ourcompany website. You can click on the “Buy Now” button and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the procedure.
Before starting with your application, you must keep all your travel-related documents such as Passport, Visa, Work Permit No. etc. ready with you. When prompted on the screen fill in all the necessary details correctly as any mistake while filling out the form could even render your policy invalid. IF during the whole process, you have any doubts or apprehensions, you can start a live chat with our representative. They are fully trained and informed regarding the various aspects of the policy and would speedily resolve all the queries that you may have. If you want, you can also call on our Toll-Free No. 1-800-103-5499 and get all the assistance that you require over the phone.
After you have filled out the necessary details, you will be directed to the premium payment page, where you can select from any of the acceptable modes of payments and make the payment as per your policy premium. If you face any problems regarding the online payment process, you can contact our customer care executives for further assistance.
Premium calculation and Payment
IFFCO Tokio is not merely an insurance company; we are your partners when you go abroad to work in order to keep your family financiallywell-covered. We totally agree with the efforts of the Government of India and Ministry of External affairs to offer you adequate protection when you are working in another country, and also be assured of the safety and wellbeing of your family members when you are busy working.
That is why, premium for Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna is minimum and offer comprehensive coverage against the same.
The premium for a 2-year Policy starts from ₹275/- plus taxes, and the premium for a 3-year Policy starts from ₹375/- plus taxes.
Payment of Premium
Once you have filled in all the necessary details mandatory for subscribing to our Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna online, comes the important stepof making the payment of the premium online to complete the purchase of the policy. If you are buying a new Pravasi Bima Yojna policy, you must remember that your policy would come into effect only after you pay the premium successfully on time.
Various Acceptable Modes of Payment
In order to make sure that you do not face any hassles while making the payment of premium online, we accept all major modes of online payment. You can choose the mode which you are most comfortable with,and pay the premium using that particular method.
Following are the various modes of payment that are acceptable for payment of premium for Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna online: -
- Website & Mobile Portal :
If you are a new customer, then you first need to fill in all the relevant details in the online form, and then you shall be automatically taken to the payment page. There you can select the most suitable payment option for you and make the payment accordingly. After the payment has been successfully processed, you will be directed to the confirmation page. You must download the receipt for future reference.
As soon as your payment is processed successfully, your Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna online policy comes into effect immediately, and you enjoy all the benefits offered by our comprehensive policy. Our servers use industry best safety standards, so you can be assured of safety and privacy of your financial information.
Following are the accepted online modes of payment: -
- Internet Banking: We accept payments from all major banks in India. You can use your net banking details to make the payment of the policy premium.
- Debit Card: Debit cards issued by all leading public sector and private sector banks are accepted for online payment of premium.
- Online Wallets: We accept payment through different e-payment and online wallets including UPI
- Credit Card: Credit cards issued by Indian as well as International banks are accepted for premium payment. We accept Master card, Visa and American Express.
We never ask for login details/OTP/CVV/PIN of your debit cards/credit cards/ internet banking. You should never disclose these details to anyone calling on behalf of IFFCO Tokio. It is advisable that once you have made the payment successfully, save a copy of the payment acknowledgement for future reference.
This is another important aspect of this policy. When you need to file a claim under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna, you must follow the following instructions carefully. Any lapse or delay from your side could lead to rejection of your claim.
You must file a written statement along with the claim form and support documents within 30 days of completion of treatment or discharge from the hospital after the treatment, whichever is earlier.
You must extend full co-operation to our representative or agents and provide all the documents required by them.
All claims related to Hospitalisation under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna are settled on reimbursement basis, i.e. there is no cashless hospitalisation facility available. You must submit the completed application form along with all original documents such as invoices, prescriptions, test reports, discharge summary, pharmacy bills etc. All the documents must be certified by the local Indian Mission/Post in the country of your employment.
Following are the instances/incidents/circumstances that are not covered under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna. Any claim arising out of any injury or accidents due to the below-mentioned circumstances are excluded from the purview of this policy. You should carefully read these exclusions and make sure that you are well aware of them. Otherwise, your claims will not be admissible under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna.
- Any claims that have been related to events/incidents/accidents before the commencement of the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy or after the expiry of the policy are excluded from the coverage under this policy. The period mentioned in the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy document shall be considered as the beginning and ending date of the policy.
- Any claims under which it is found that you were working in a different country or in a different profession or under a different employer or a different sponsor against as mentioned in the proposal form under the policy schedule, where the relevant information regarding the nature of employment, country of employment and name of the employer has been mentioned. If it is found that you have failed to disclose the changes in above circumstances, then all such claims are inadmissible under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna.
- If there is an incident of war, riots, strikes or civil unrest in the country of your employment, then any claims arising out of injuries or accidents in such country are inadmissible under the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy.
- If your passport and visa are expired during the validity of the policy,and you fail to renew the same, then any claims made against your Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna policyfor injuries or accidents occurring during the period when the visa or passport was expiredwouldnot be entertained.
- Under the following circumstances, no claims made by you shall be admissible under the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy coverage:
- If you are travelling against the advice of a physician
- If you have been diagnosed with a terminal medical condition
- If you are undergoing or are on the waiting list for a specific medical condition and the same medical condition has been declared in the certificate issued by the medical practitioner.
- If you are participating in a military, naval or air force operation. The participation could be in the form of war games, military exercise or actual combat with the enemy. The enemy here includes external as well as external parties
- If it is found that your claim is being made against an injury or illnesses which has been caused by yourself intentionally such as an attempt to suicide or suicide or drug addiction, alcoholism or under the influence of liquor. Then all such claims are inadmissible under the policy.
- Any claims that arise out of results of war, warlike situation, act of foreign enemies, hostilities, military action, power usurpation, rebellion, civil war, insurrection, riots or confiscation of property, nationalisation of property or demolition of a property under the order of civic or government bodies in the country of your employment. All such claims arising out of the illness or injuries out of the above incidents are inadmissible under the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy.
- Any claims that are a result of injury or illness related to circumstances such as anxiety, mental disorder, depression, stress, venereal disease or any loss directly or indirectly attributable to HIV (Human Immuno Deficiency Virus) and /or any HIV related illness including AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) and /or any mutant derivative or variations thereof howsoever caused. Any such claims are inadmissible under the policy
- Any claims that are associated with any consequential losses are inadmissible under the policy.
- Any claims that are associated with incidents/injuries/accidents/illness related to you travelling to such a country against whom the Government of India has issued a travel ban or is considering imposing travel restrictions are inadmissible under the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy. Similarly, if you are travelling to a country which has imposed travel restrictions against the Indian citizens in the past or at present or is planning to do so in future, then any such claims are inadmissible under the policy.
- Any claims that are associated with incidents/injuries/accidents/illness related to you being part of criminal or illegal activity are inadmissible under the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy.
- Any claims that are associated with incidents/injuries/accidents/illness related to any consequential loss which has been caused directly or indirectly to a person or a property due to the following circumstances are inadmissible under the Pravasi Bima Yojna policy.
- Contamination from radioactivity from nuclear fuel, nuclear waste or burning of any nuclear fuel
- Exposure to Ionizing radiation
- Toxic, Radioactive, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear component or nuclear assembly
- Sickness resulting from Asbestosis or any other condition that is a result of working with, handling, processing, manufacturing, distribution, use or sale of asbestosis or related materials
**To understand exactly about the policy coverage, exclusions etc, please read the Policy Wording carefully.**