Which documents should I carry while driving a car?

As per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, you need to have the following documents with you while driving a car:

PUC certificate

To get the Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate, your vehicle would have to pass an emission test. It is a mandatory document that every driver should possess.

Registration certificate

The Registration certificate is an official document that serves as proof that your vehicle is registered by the government.

Insurance policy

According to the Motor Vehicles Insurance Act of 1988, it is mandatory for drivers to have third-party insurance before taking their car out on the road.

Driving license

According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, before you take your bike or car for a drive, you need to have a driving license.

Required permits

Those owning a vehicle for commercial use need to have all the required permits.