What is covered?
- Crop Insurance: PMFBY/RWBCIS – State can choose any of these two or both. Coverage would be as per the standard guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY) or Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (RWBCIS) as applicable.
- Personal Accident Insurance - Accident Insurance Scheme offering accidental death and disability cover for death or disability on account of an accident. Coverage is as per Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) guidelines of Government of India.
- Life Insurance –Life insurance scheme with coverage as per Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna (PMJJBY): (This component is not applicable for IFFCO-TOKIO/General Insurers).
- Building and Contents Insurance (Fire and allied perils): Indemnifies loss or damage to building/contents against fire and allied perils.
- Agriculture Pump set Insurance (Up to 10 Horse Power) - The Insurance covers the Centrifugal pump sets (electrical and diesel) up to 10 Horsepower capacity which are used for agricultural purposes only.
- Student Safety Insurance - Covers accidental death or disability of students. In case of death of Father or Mother, the Claim amount to be converted into Fixed Deposit in the name of student till attainment of adulthood.
- Agricultural Tractor Insurance - As per the provisions, terms, exceptions, conditions and endorsements as per standard Motor Policy.
The cover will be for one full year except for Crop Insurance (which will be bi-annual separately for Kharif and Rabi seasons) renewable from year to year. The Loanee farmers will be covered through Banks/Financial Institutions whereas non loanee farmer shall be covered through banks and/or insurance intermediaries.