What happens to the health insurance policy coverage after a claim is filed?
After a claim is filed and settled, the policy coverage is reduced by the amount that has been paid out on settlement. For Example: In January you start a policy with a coverage of Rs 5 Lakh for the year. In April, you make a claim of Rs 2 lakh. The coverage available to you for the May to December will be the balance of Rs.3 lakh.
- What does Mos-bite policy cover and how is it unique?
- Can I buy more than one family health plans?
- When should an RTI be applied?
- After how many months will pre-existing diseases get covered under the policy?
- Can I transfer my health insurance plans from one insurance company to another without losing the renewal benefits?