JEWELLERS BLOCK INSURANCE FAQs
What does the policy cover?
IFFCO-Tokio's Jewellers Block Policy is available to protect against:
- Stocks (gold, diamonds, etc in the showcase, display windows, safe/strongroom, insured premises.
- Property in custody of insured, partners, employees, directors, constituted attorney.
- Property in Transit by Airfreight, Angadia, Registered Post/parcel.
- Building & other contents.
- Fixed Glass and Sanitary Fitting.
- Personal Accident for insured, Partners and employee.
- Public Liability-Accidental injury, death to other than insured/his family & accidental damage to property.
- WC-under Fatal Accident Act/WC Act for the employee. Money in transit/on-premises as per limits.
- Computer, fax machine and their parts/ accessories & data carrying material.
- Neon/illuminated signs.
- Hoardings installed on insured premises.
- Trade equipment
What are some of the exclusions?
- Inventory loss.
- Damage to property at a public exhibition.
- Theft or disappearance of property.
- Depreciation, gradual, deterioration, wear, and tear, moth, vermin, mildew.
- Damage by theft or attempted theft committed by family members employees, custodians.
- Damage following the use of a key to safe or any duplicate key.
- Damage to property insured whilst in the window display.
- Damage to the property whilst worn or used.
- Damage to property while it is being worked upon.
What are some of documents required in case of claims?
- Immediate intimation.
- FIR issued by police.
- Supporting Documents to be furnished promptly to surveyors.
- Final Police Report.