How to file a claim?
Claim Procedure and Requirements:
- Upon happening of an event giving rise or which may give rise to a claim.
- You or YOUR authorised representative shall forthwith give notice in writing to OUR nearest office with a copy to Policy issuing office with full particulars. A written statement of the claim will be required and a claim form will be provided. This written statement of claim along with supporting documents i.e. proofs, information and other evidences (verified by statutory declaration if so required) relating to the claim along with particulars of other Insurances covering the same risk must be delivered to US at YOUR expenses within 14 days of discovery of loss.
- YOU shall lodge a complaint with the Police at the earliest after happening of the incident and take all practicable steps to apprehend the guilty person and prevent further loss.
Claim Control and subrogation:
WE are entitled to receive all information, proof of loss and assistance from YOU and any other person seeking benefit under the Policy -
- Take proceedings at OUR own expenses and for OUR own benefit, but in YOUR name to prosecute all claims and exercise all rights of action competent to YOU against the employee in respect of any act insured against in connection with which WE might make payment under this policy and YOU shall give to US all such information and assistance as may be reasonably required for maintaining such claims or rights.
- Send OUR Authorised Representative in case of any loss to YOU and YOU will permit him/her at all reasonable times to examine into circumstances of such loss and YOU shall on being required to do so by US produce all books of accounts, receipts and documents relating to or containing entries relating to the loss in his/her possession and furnish copies of or extracts from such of them as may be required by US so far as they relate to such claims or will in any assist US to ascertain the correctness thereof or OUR liability under this Policy.
- YOU shall if and when required by US, give information and furnish evidence to the Criminal Authorities of any act or acts insured against committed or supposed to have been committed by any employee in consequence of which a claim may be made under this Policy and YOU shall if so required by US, forthwith prosecute the employee for such acts subject to the payment by US in the event of a conviction of all expenses necessarily incurred by YOU in such prosecution.
- YOU shall if and when required by US but at OUR expenses if a conviction be obtained, use all diligence in prosecuting any of the employee to conviction for any act which such employee shall have committed and in consequence of which a claim will have to be made under such Policy and shall at OUR expenses give all information and assistance to enable US to use for and obtain reimbursement by any such employee by reason of whose acts or defaults a claim has been made or by the estate of such employee or money which WE shall have become liable to pay in respect thereof.
- It is also provided that an amount equal to any salary or commission which but for the acts on which the claim shall be found would have become payable by YOU to the employee in respect of whom the claim is made hereunder or any other money which shall be due to such employee from YOU shall be deducted from the amount payable under this Policy and all money, estate and effects of such employee in the hands of or received or possessed by YOU and all sums which may be or may prior to the settlements of claims become due from YOU to the employee and also all moneys or effects which shall come into YOUR possession or power for or on account of such employee after discovery of any act on part of such employee in respect of which any claim shall be made on this Policy shall be applied by YOU in and towards making good the amount to his/her claim under this Policy in priority to any other claim to YOU upon such monies, estate or effects.