Do I have to pay for the services I avail under the road assistance cover?

This depends on the services that you opt for. While a number of services, like towing your car up to a particular distance, arranging for taxi services up to 50 km from the incident site, etc. are free of charge, there will be some things that you might be required to pay for. For example, if you call for emergency fuel delivery services, the delivery will not be chargeable, but you will have to bear the price of the fuel so delivered and if you opt for hotel coordination services, the assistance will be free, but you will have to bear the charges for the hotel itself.